from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Competence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sufficient supply (of).
- n. A sustainable income
- n. The ability to perform some task; competence.
- n. Meeting specified qualifications to perform.
- n. implicit knowledge of a language’s structure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being adequately or well qualified physically and intellectually
From Latin competentia. (Wiktionary)