from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Edged with toothlike projections; toothed: dentate leaves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having teeth or toothlike projections; serrated, toothed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Toothed; especially, with the teeth projecting straight out, not pointed either forward or backward.
- adj. Having teeth or toothlike points. See Illust. of Antennæ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toothed; notched.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having toothlike projections in the margin
Latin dentātus, from dēns, dent-, tooth.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin dentatus. (Wiktionary)