from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of notch.
- adj. Having notches; toothed; serrated; jagged; erose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a notch or notches; nicked; indented.
- Closely cut; cropped, as hair: applied by the Cavaliers to the Roundheads.
- In zoology, having one or more angular incisions in the margin; emarginate.
- In botany, very coarsely dentate, the upper side of the teeth being nearly horizontal, as in the leaves of Rhus toxicodendron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. notched like a saw with teeth pointing toward the apex
- adj. having an irregularly notched or toothed margin as though gnawed
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin notched career reception No. 450, becoming the fastest player in NFL history to reach that mark (74 games).
Cardinals reciever Anquan Boldin notched career reception No. 450, becoming the fastest player in NFL history to reach that mark (74 games).
Malkin notched another Penguins power-play goal with a wrist shot from the right circle at 8: 24, then added an even-strength tally at 11: 21.
Alex Ovechkin notched his 33rd goal of the season in his first game since signing a 13-year, $124 million contract, and Alexander Semin and Mike Green also scored for the Capitals, who had won four of five and were hoping to make the most of their season-high, five-game homestand to get into playoff contention.
Pieces of charred wood were discovered in notched masonry pockets where the redwood beams connected to the stone walls.
Jason McBain notched a pair of assists for Las Vegas before netting the tying goal at 4-4 with nine seconds remaining in regulation.
Dan Tudin notched a pair of goals for Columbus, which has dropped five straight games and eight of its last nine.
Miguel Saladin notched his 23rd save of the season after throwing a hitless ninth for the Express, who snapped their five-game losing streak.
Czerkawski scored a power-play goal at 5: 07 and Yashin notched his second goal of the series at 13: 26.
Wallin notched the overtime winner in Game Four of the conference semifinals at Montreal.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.