from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Tedious, menial, or unpleasant work. See Synonyms at work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. tedious, menial and exhausting work
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of drudging; disagreeable and wearisome labor; ignoble or slavish toil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The labor of a drudge; ignoble, spiritless toil; hard work in servile or mechanical occupations.
- n. Synonyms Labor, Toil, etc. See work, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hard monotonous routine work
Sorry, no etymologies found.