from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Endowed with great natural ability, intelligence, or talent: a gifted child; a gifted pianist.
- adj. Revealing special talent: a gifted rendition of the aria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Endowed with special, in particular intellectual, abilities.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of gift.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having unusual talent in some field.
- adj. having exceptionally high intelligence; -- said of children, especially in discourse on education.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Endowed by nature with any power or faculty; furnished with any particular talent; specifically, largely endowed with intellect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. endowed with talent or talents
Sorry, no etymologies found.