from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To laugh with repeated short, spasmodic sounds.
- transitive v. To utter while giggling.
- n. A short, spasmodic laugh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To laugh gently or in a high-pitched voice; to laugh in a silly or giddy way.
- n. A high-pitched, silly laugh.
- n. Amusement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of laugh, with short catches of the voice or breath; a light, silly laugh.
- transitive v. To laugh with short catches of the breath or voice; to laugh in a light, affected, or silly manner; to titter with childish levity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To laugh with short catches of the breath or voice; laugh in a silly or affected manner; titter.
- n. A low, spasmodic, affected laugh, in a series of short gasps or catches of the breath.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. laugh nervously
- n. a foolish or nervous laugh
MC: * giggle, giggle* Sooooo tall me, are you going to have any of your clothes, like, inspired by India?
* I always knew I was her favorite ... giggle giggle giggle*
We both started to giggle and I can tell you my daughter will not be toilet papering the neighbors. (now my nose was running. * giggle*)
I guess seeing that smile or hearing a giggle is what keeps us going.
A good giggle is a great way to start the day off.
This got a laugh form the guys in line behind me, and a stifled giggle from the cashier.
And, as someone else said, Brian’s giggle is awesome.
We’re more likely to discuss whether her giggle is mine, or her frown his; her love of books from me, her physical strength from him.
I always know a giggle is coming when the newspapers try and comment on science or anything to do with statisitcs; it’s better than Dilbert.
Please, guys - there are a number of things that you can say about the Plame affair - but the one that just makes me giggle is the assertion that the ‘President just doesn’t care.’
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.