from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being high.
- n. Used with His, Her, or Your as a title and form of address for a prince or princess: Her Royal Highness the Princess Margaret.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being high
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being high; elevation; loftiness.
- n. A title of honor given to kings, princes, or other persons of rank.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being high, in any of the senses of that word.
- n. A title of honor given to princes of the blood; also, in some German states, a title given to the reigning dukes or grand dukes and their heirs apparent: used with a possessive pronoun, his, her, your: as, his royal highness; her imperial highness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being high or lofty
- n. (Your Highness or His Highness or Her Highness) title used to address a royal person
- n. a high degree (of amount or force etc.)
Sorry, no etymologies found.