from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make immortal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of immortalise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render immortal; to cause to live or exist forever.
- transitive v. To exempt from oblivion; to perpetuate in fame.
- intransitive v. To become immortal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render immortal; endow with immortality: as, the demigods immortalized by Jupiter.
- To exempt from oblivion; bestow unending fame upon; perpetuate.
- To become immortal.
- Also spelled immortalise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make famous forever
- v. be or provide a memorial to a person or an event
Sorry, no etymologies found.