from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Permanent; binding: an indissoluble contract; an indissoluble union.
- adj. Impossible to dissolve, disintegrate, or decompose: an indissoluble compound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lasting, indestructible.
- adj. Not possible to dissolve, disintegrate or break-up.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not dissoluble; not capable of being dissolved, melted, or liquefied; insoluble.
- adj. Incapable of being rightfully broken or dissolved; perpetually binding or obligatory; firm; stable, .
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not dissoluble or dissolvable; incapable of being dissolved. See dissolve, 1, and solution.
- Not dissoluble in force or obligation; not to be rightfully broken or violated; perpetually binding or obligatory; firm; stable: as, an indissoluble covenant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a substance) incapable of being dissolved
- adj. used of decisions and contracts
Sorry, no etymologies found.