from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Cooked with onions: lyonnaise potatoes; potatoes lyonnaise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Cooked with onions, especially caramelized onions.
- adj. Prepared in a style typical to Lyons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Applied to boiled potatoes cut into small pieces and heated in oil or butter. They are usually flavored with onion and parsley.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lyonnese: specifically applied in cookery to a style of serving potatoes, etc., with a sauce of butter, parsley, and sometimes onions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. cooked with onions
From French (à la) Lyonnaise, (in the manner) of Lyon, from Lyon .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French lyonnaise ("in the manner of Lyons"). (Wiktionary)