American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To function as a laser; emit coherent radiation by the action of a laser.
- v. To subject to laser light: lased the tissue during surgery.
- v. To direct a laser used to guide munitions at (a target).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete spelling of lace.
- v. transitive To use a laser beam on, as for cutting.
- v. intransitive To operate as a laser, to release coherent light due to stimulation.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To give off a beam of coherent light; -- of a laser.
- Back-formation from laser. (Wiktionary)
- Back-formation from laser. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“guess at my maining," and another in which he has "lase" for "lease," suggest that, if his pronunciation may be judged from his spelling, he retained a rich Irish brogue.”
“Although synthetic ruby was first, many different materials can be made to “lase.””
“I explained to him that there was a Reaper UCAV orbiting overhead watching our every move and waiting for me to lase my target with the device mounted to my rifle.”
“Interesting the laserlight plasma/magnetic field does not violate the speed of light since the light from the lase still flies at near speed of light depending on the material of the star.”
“At 18, after a succession of labouring jobs, he joined the Zulu-language Durban newspaper Ilanga lase Natal.”
“We circled back around as I prepared to lase the target for Yap.”
“But I was still able to lase the target and bomb the enemy.”
“George Sand nii naiselik: need kivikäikse kurrud ei lase aimata ta sõrmil tinti.”
“You press the lase button to initiate the targeting sequence.”
“Ngo Mgqibelo odlule, nathi e Port Shepstone besishaye uhologo, simasha silwisana nodlame nokuhlukunyezwa kwabezizwe abakhosele edolobheni lethu lase Hibiscus Coast.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lase’.
words associated with LASERS.
( open list, randomness )
NOTE: i'd like to keep the list specific to the LASER itself (Any LASER), and leave out applied sciences..
Looking for tweets for lase.