from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The country; the people of the neighbourhood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The country; the people of the neighborhood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of peace.
- n. In law, the people from among whom a jury is taken.
- n. In archaeology, a garment worn by the ancient Britons, and perpetuated in the belted plaid.
Old French, equivalent to French pays ("country"). (Wiktionary)