from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Bleeding from the uterus that is not associated with menstruation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. uterine bleeding, other than the menses
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Profuse bleeding from the womb, esp. such as does not occur at the menstrual period.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Uterine hemorrhage; an effusion of blood from the inner surface of the uterus in the menstrual period, or at other times.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bleeding from the uterus that is not due to menstruation; usually indicative of disease (as cervical cancer)
Sorry, no etymologies found.