from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of microscopes.
- n. The use of microscopes.
- n. Investigation employing a microscope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the study of microscopes, their design and manufacture
- n. the use of microscopes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The use of the microscope; investigation with the microscope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or art of using the microscope; investigation with the microscope: as, to be skilled in microscopy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. research with the use of microscopes
Sorry, no etymologies found.