American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A collection of dissimilar things; an assortment.
- n. any bag containing a mixture of something
- n. by extension, a group of entities with few characteristics in common; an assortment
- n. idiomatic something tending to have both good and bad results or characteristics; something having a mixture of advantages and disadvantages
- n. a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- From mixed + bag. (Wiktionary)
“I knew that if he found out that I was a mixed bag of tricks with a lifetime of queer history, he would drop me like a spaghetti sandwich from the Refectory.”
“A live version of 'Walking On The Moon' was included on all but one of the UK single releases, which as a group included a real mixed bag of tracks including a live version of Brel's 'Ne Me Quitte Pas' from 1988, further live tracks from the Dutch concert in 1991 plus the studio version of 'Fragilidad'.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mixed bag’.
Have I made this list before? Has someone else collected these words together? I can't remember, so I'm just going to start storing some things here.
bal-; bol-; -bol; -ble and incau(gh)tious others
Looking for tweets for mixed bag.