from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The system or arrangement of muscles in a body or a body part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The collection of all muscles in a single body or in a single organ
- n. The structural configuration of muscle in a body or organ
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The muscular system of an animal, or of any of its parts; musculation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The furnishing or providing of a living organism with muscles, or the method or means by which muscles are formed; also, the muscular tissue, system, or apparatus itself, considered with reference to its origin, development, and subsequent disposition; musculation.
- n. Synonyms See musculation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the muscular system of an organism
French, from Latin mūsculus, muscle; see muscle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)