from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bakery specializing in French pastry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. pastry shop
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Pastry.
- n. a shop selling mostly pastries; a pastry shop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pastry-cook's shop; a place where a light luncheon of cakes, pastry, etc., may be obtained; a confectioner's.
- n. Pastry; the delicacies sold at a pastrycook's shop or pâtisserie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bakery specializing in French pastry
French pâtisserie, from Old French pastiserie, from pasticier, to make pastry, from *pastitz, pastry, from Vulgar Latin *pastīcium, from Late Latin pasta, dough; see paste1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)