from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who rescues another from harm, danger, or loss.
- n. Christianity Jesus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who rescues another from harm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who saves, preserves, or delivers from destruction or danger.
- n. Specifically: The (or our, your, etc.) Savior, he who brings salvation to men; Jesus Christ, the Redeemer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who saves, rescues, delivers, or redeems from danger, death, or destruction; a deliverer; a redeemer.
- n. Specifically [capitalized] One of the appellations given to God or to Jesus Christ as the one who saves from the power and penalty of sin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth; his life and sermons form the basis for Christianity (circa 4 BC - AD 29)
- n. a person who rescues you from harm or danger
Kinda throws a wrench in her gears if her savior is a smoker.
This is what I call a savior dish for quick weekday dinners!
For the San Francisco Giants and their faithful, the savior is arriving at the 11th hour.
Pope St. Leo, speaking of the same event, the same fact, says that a "savior" is born to us.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:::: Maintaining the perception of "savior" is CRUCIAL to their positioning.
Perfect evidence rite there, your '' savior is blowing his life rite now so keep insulting the republicans, we'll see who's in office in 2012..
Your savior is proposing measures that goes against all you think is holy.
Your liberal savior is implementing the very same policies as Hitler and Stalin and that is historcally accurate.
But, to say it's some sort of panacea or budget savior is wrong.
The trouble with technology as a savior is that the timeframes for advances are unpredictable and uneven.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.