from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Imposed by oneself on oneself; voluntarily assumed or endured: self-imposed exile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Voluntarily imposed upon oneself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Voluntarily taken on one's self.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Imposed or taken voluntarily on one's self: as, a self-imposed task.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. voluntarily assumed or endured
self- + imposed (Wiktionary)