from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a serious or literal manner.
- adv. Used to attempt to introduce a serious point in a less serious conversation
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a serious manner; gravely; solemnly; in earnest; without levity: as, to think seriously of amending one's life.
- In a grave or alarming degree or manner; so as to give ground for apprehension.
- In a series; seriatim.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a serious manner
- adv. to a severe or serious degree
serious + -ly (Wiktionary)