from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing, secreting, or resembling serum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing, secreting, or resembling serum; watery; a fluid or discharge that is pale yellow and transparent, usually representing something of a benign nature. (This contrasts with the term sanguine, which means blood-tinged and usually harmful.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thin; watery; like serum.
- adj. Of or pertaining to serum. See serum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character or quality of serum; of or pertaining to serum or serosity: as, a serous fluid; serous extravasation.
- Secreting, containing, or conveying serum; causing serosity; concerned in serous effusion: as, a serous membrane; a serous surface.
- Consisting of whey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or producing or containing serum
From the noun serum. (Wiktionary)