from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Used to water.
- n. An act of watering.
- v. Present participle of water.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from water, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who waters, in any sense.
- n. Specifically The art or process of giving to the surface of anything a wave-like or veined appearance of somewhat ornamental effect; also, the marking so produced. Compare water, transitive verb, 3, and watered silk (under watered).
- n. A watering-place: as, “the wateryng of Seint Thomas” (better known as St.Thomas a Waterings)
- n. In flax-manuf., same as retting, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wetting with water
- n. shedding tears
Sorry, no etymologies found.