from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several birds, such as the junco and the snow bunting, common in snowy regions.
- n. Slang One who moves from a cold to a warm place in the winter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bird, Junco hyemalis, the dark-eyed junco.
- n. A bird seen primarily in the winter time.
- n. The snow bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis).
- n. A person, usually one who is retired, who travels from a cold climate to a warmer one in the winter.
- n. A cocaine user.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An arctic finch (Plectrophenax nivalis syn. Plectrophanes nivalis) common, in winter, both in Europe and the United States, and often appearing in large flocks during snowstorms. It is partially white, but variously marked with chestnut and brown. Called also snow bunting, snowflake, snowfleck, and snowflight.
- n. Any finch of the genus Junco which appears in flocks in winter time, especially Junco hyemalis in the Eastern United States; -- called also blue snowbird. See junco.
- n. The fieldfare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bird associated in some way with snow. ,
- n. The ivory gull, Larus eburneus, an arctic species that in winter is pure white.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. white Arctic bunting
- n. medium-sized Eurasian thrush seen chiefly in winter
- n. small North American finch seen chiefly in winter
snow + bird (Wiktionary)