from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dance in which sets of four couples form squares.
- n. Any of various similar group dances of rural origin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Square dancing.
- n. A particular instance of square dancing.
- v. To take part in square dancing; to dance this type of dancing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American country dancing in which couples form squares
- v. dance in formation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.