from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality of being supernatural.
- n. Belief in a supernatural agency that intervenes in the course of natural laws.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or condition of being supernatural.
- n. A belief in the doctrine of supernatural or divine agency as manifested in the world, in human events, religious revelation, miracles, etc.
- n. A belief in supernatural intelligent causes, forces, agencies, powers as producing effects in this world.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being supernatural; supernaturalness.
- n. The doctrine of a divine and supernatural agency in the production of the miracles and revelations recorded in the Bible, and in the grace which renews and sanctifies men, -- in opposition to the doctrine which denies the agency of any other than physical or natural causes in the case.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being supernatural.
- n. Belief in the supernatural.
- n. Also supranaturalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being attributed to power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces
- n. a belief in forces beyond ordinary human understanding
Sorry, no etymologies found.