from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Grateful feelings or thoughts; gratitude: a heart full of thanks for our escape.
- n.pl. An expression of gratitude: gave thanks to God; a note of thanks to a contributor.
- interj. Used to express thanks.
- idiom no thanks to Without the benefit of help from: finally found the house, no thanks to these confusing directions.
- idiom thanks to On account of; because of: "our national good fortune in having avoided, thanks to the religion clauses of the First Amendment, the dismal possibilities of religious censorship” ( Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Used to express appreciation or gratitude.
- n. Plural form of thank.
- n. An expression of gratitude.
- n. Grateful feelings or thoughts.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of thank.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. with the help of or owing to
- n. an acknowledgment of appreciation
Love thanks i’d really apprecieate it……my sister also uses my email so make sure you put who its from…..thanks so much alison on 29 Jan 2004 at 10:54 pm92Margaret can u plz write these words in tht elvish font?
It looks a matter of when, not if, Manchester City wins the title thanks to the club's huge spending power.
Oh, I'd heard the term thanks to exposés on the evening news and that kind of thing, but I never really thought about it.
Local papers carried ads announcing the appearance of “Dr. David Duke” the title thanks to a Ukrainian honorary doctorate.
Bronx Zoo cobra finally has a name thanks to New Yorkers who voted in online poll Thursday, April 7th 2011, 11:59 AM
Seattle finished a laughable 7-9 and tied with St. Louis, but won the title thanks to a better division record than St. Louis, 4-2 vs.
Texas trailed California heading into the final day, but claimed the title thanks to nine top-eight finishes on the final day.
Norstar moved a step closer to the title thanks to goals from
Franklin surged to the title thanks to Melaine Pearson's third-place 9.575 and Lauren Zurowski's fourth-place 9.525 on the floor.
The Eagles (16-6) were led to the title thanks to 12 3-pointers on the night, with four different players hitting from beyond the arc.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.