from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The loud, roaring noise of an engine operating at high speed.
- intransitive v. To move noisily at high speed in or as if in a motor vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. The sound of an engine revving up
- v. To move with great speed; to zoom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a loud, roaring sound, as of a car engine, while moving
- n. the roaring sound made by a motor that is running at high speed
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)