from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually automatic machine for washing clothes and linens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A machine, usually automatic, which washes clothes etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a machine for washing; specifically, a machine for washing clothes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An apparatus, operated by hand or steam-power, for washing clothing, fabrics, wool, or other material; a clothes-washer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a home appliance for washing clothes and linens automatically
Sorry, no etymologies found.