from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A band, as on a long sleeve or a wristwatch, that encircles the wrist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the cuff of a sleeve that wraps around the wrist
- n. a strip of material worn around the wrist, e.g. to absorb perspiration, especially in sports
- n. a band that supports a wristwatch
- n. a cord worn around the wrist, used to hold a small object such as a knife: a lanyard
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The band of the sleeve of a shirt, or other garment, which covers the wrist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That band or part of a sleeve, especially of a shirt-sleeve, which covers the wrist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a band or bracelet worn around the wrist
- n. a band of cloth or leather or metal links attached to a wristwatch and wrapped around the wrist
- n. band consisting of a part of a sleeve that covers the wrist
wrist + band (Wiktionary)