from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An ornament worn on or pendent from the ear, especially the earlobe. Also called regionally earbob.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of jewelry worn on the ear.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ornament consisting of a ring passed through the lobe of the ear, with or without a pendant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ring or other ornament, usually of gold or silver, and with or without precious stones, worn at the ear, the usual means of attachment being the ring itself, or a hook or projection which forms a part of it, passing through the lobe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. jewelry to ornament the ear; usually clipped to the earlobe or fastened through a hole in the lobe
ear + ring (Wiktionary)