from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northwest Colombia on the Bay of Cartagena, an inlet of the Caribbean Sea. Founded in 1533, Cartagena was once the richest port on the Spanish Main. Population: 871,000.
- A city of southeast Spain on the Mediterranean Sea south-southeast of Murcia. It was settled c. 225 B.C. and soon became the chief Carthaginian sea base in Spain. Population: 207,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An ancient city in Murcia, Spain
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a port in southeastern Spain on the Mediterranean
- n. a port city in northwestern Colombia on the Caribbean
At a recent meeting of the Tuxtla Dialogue in Cartagena, Colombia's President Juan Manuel Santos said, "It's confusing for our people to see that, while we lose lives and invest resources in the fight against drug trafficking, in consuming countries initiatives like California's referendum are being promoted."
Dying in Cartagena, the doctor in Love in Times of Cholera reflects at that last juncture how he has loved life.
Loren is based in Cartagena, Spain, and describes himself as a freelance cartoonist and illustrator.
McCain says that Cartagena is “one of the most beautiful cities on earth”, and undoubtedly, 10% of the city is incredibly gorgeous.
Just days after turning 80, Gabriel García Márquez attended the 63rd Inter-American Press Association meeting in Cartagena, Colombia, and wishes he'd just stayed home:
Cartagena, le pagaré a Ud. la suma total "[" I humbly ask that you provide whatever money you can ... with the knowledge that I will pay you the total sum upon my arrival in Cartagena "] (" Al Señor Don
The so-called Cartagena group also included the UK, Australia, and France, among others.
"They brought Alicia in to identify me," recalls Cartagena, whose leg was amputated the next day.
The Jaime I, one of the Republican's best ships, is sunk in Cartagena.
These shewed him the way towards Cartagena, which is a principal City, situate in the