from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A varying unit of weight or money used in ancient Greece and Asia.
- n. Variant of myna.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The myna bird.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ancient weight or denomination of money, of varying value. The Attic mina was valued at a hundred drachmas.
- n. See myna.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A unit of weight and of value, originally Assyrian, but used also by the Greeks and other ancient peoples.
- n. One of several different sturnoid passerine birds of India and countries further east.
- n. A genus of plants of the family Convolvulaceæ, closely related to Ipomœa and Quamoclit. Mina lobata of the gardens, a native of Mexico, is a twining herb with cordate 3-lobed leaves and small flowers in scorpioid clusters, the bag-shaped corolla of which is a rich crimson when it first opens, but changes to yellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tropical Asian starlings
The lámina is also made of a clear plastic, in addition to the metal.
In the original, what is here translated a pound, is in Latin, mina, in value of our coin, three pounds two shillings and sixpence.
As part of Mr. Muhammad's Blue Revolution, the government this year chose 24 cities to become special fishery zones called "Minapolitans," based on mina , the Sanskrit word for fish.
A mina was a unit of currency equal to one sixtieth of a talent, or one hundred drachmae.
In Indonesia, the method is referred to as mina-padi.
 A mina was a little over £4; 60 minas made a talent.
In Chilean slang, "mina" also means woman, a translation similar to English's
Also planned is a pornographic film titled The Mine that Ate the 33, using a pun in Chilean slang which uses the same word, "mina", for mine and hottie.
The denomination is called a mnaieion, meaning a one-mina coin, and is equivalent to 100 silver drachms, or a mina of silver.
Funny how the Republicans are being blamed when the Democrats have more than enough members in the house and senate to pass whatever legislation they want. zeb mina