from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- One of the 12 Apostles and the brother of James the Great. He is traditionally considered the author of the fourth Gospel, three epistles, and the book of Revelation.
- King of England (1199–1216). The youngest son of Henry II, he schemed against his father and his brother Richard I. During his reign, the English lost most of their possessions in France. The nobility rose against John and forced him to sign the Magna Carta (1215).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun A male
given namevery popular since the Middle Ages.
- proper noun biblical Two persons of great importance to early Christianity:
John the Baptistand John the Apostle, identified with John the Evangelist.
- proper noun biblical The Gospel of St. John, a book of the
New Testamentof the Bible. Traditionally the fourth of the four gospels.
- proper noun biblical One of the books in the
New Testamentof the Bible, the epistlesof John ( 1 John, 2 Johnand 3 John).
- proper noun A patronymic
- proper noun informal Used frequently to form an idea personified
John Bull, John Barleycorn(see derivations below).
- proper noun informal A name used to address a man whose actual name is not known:
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Film 3 - Resolution, john ends up alone before the events of T3 or not who knows, maybe he meets T3 John in the future and its established that while T3 was cannon, its another universe and Judgement day can still be stopped.
JOHN ZARRELLA, CNN CORRESPONDENT: You know, John, when you talk to the citrus growers and farmers here in the state of Florida, they'll tell you they have not seen cold weather this cold for this prolonged period of time in at least 20 years.
(Soundbite of film, "Cyrus") Mr. JOHN C. REILLY (Actor): (As John) Why am I even I can't talk to you.
JOHN MCCAIN (R), ARIZONA: Well, John, that requires probably a long answer, I'll try to make it short.
JOHN ZARRELLA, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Yes, that's exactly right, John.
JOHN ZARRELLA, CNN CORRESPONDENT: John, here is the way it shapes out.
UPDATE ON JOHN: John is out of ICU and feeling gooood!
It may be that in (21S), which does not mean that it is eager for John to please someone, ˜John™ is grammatically linked but not actually displaced from the coindexed position.
JOHN KING, CNN CHIEF NATIONAL CORRESPONDENT: And, John, you hit the nail on the head in the sense that the Kennedy family says they want to be an Irish wake.
JOHN ZARRELLA, CNN CORRESPONDENT: John, Kiran, pitchman Billy Mays does not appear to have died from a hit on the head.