from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Exposure to air for freshening or drying.
- n. Exposure to open air for exercise or the promotion of health.
- n. Exposure to public attention.
- n. A radio or television broadcast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of air.
- n. An exposure to warm or fresh air.
- n. A public expression of an opinion or discussion of a subject.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A walk or a ride in the open air; a short excursion for health's sake.
- n. An exposure to air, or to a fire, for warming, drying, etc..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An exposure to the air, or to a fire, for drying or warming.
- n. Exercise in or exposure to the open air; an excursion for the purpose of taking the air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short excursion (a walk or ride) in the open air
- n. the act of supplying fresh air and getting rid of foul air
- n. the opening of a subject to widespread discussion and debate
Sorry, no etymologies found.
And it stays there; because, except perhaps a weekly change of sheets, scarcely any other airing is attempted.
I think we did as well as we could in airing the major arguments for both sides in the limited time available.
The ad, which the spokesman acknowledged is a small buy, will begin airing on Wednesday.
The show only lasted a season, airing from the fall of 1977 to the following spring.
Florida's Democratic candidate for governor, Alex Sink, said Monday she will begin airing a rare two-minute-long TV ad attacking Republican opponent Rick Scott for the massive fraud scandal that occurred on his watch at his former hospital company.
Giannoulias 'campaign told the Associated Press the ad will begin airing statewide Thursday.
As part of its 30 For 30 series of 30 documentaries that begin airing in October, ESPN recently announced one film will focus on Steve Bartman.
Showtime expects to begin airing “The Real L Word” sometime next year.
The Mass will begin airing at 8: 00am EST (and will be re-aired at midnight EST).
Despite its under-performance this spring, TNT has renewed Southlandfor a third season to begin airing in 2011.