from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A gesture of beckoning or summons.
- idiom at (someone's) beck and call Ready to comply with any wish or command.
- n. Chiefly British A small brook; a creek.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stream or small river.
- n. A significant nod, or motion of the head or hand, especially as a call or command.
- v. To nod or motion with the head.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See beak.
- n. A small brook.
- n. A vat. See back.
- n. A significant nod, or motion of the head or hand, esp. as a call or command.
- intransitive v. To nod, or make a sign with the head or hand.
- transitive v. To notify or call by a nod, or a motion of the head or hand; to intimate a command to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To signal by a nod or other significant gesture; beckon.
- To recognize a person by a slight bow or nod.
- To summon or intimate some command or desire to by a nod or gesture; beckon to.
- To express by a gesture: as, to beck thanks.
- n. A brook; a small stream; especially, a brook with a stony bed or rugged course.
- n. The valley of a beck; a field or patch of ground adjacent to a brook. See batch.
- n. A nod of the head or other significant gesture intended to be understood as expressive of a desire, or as a sign of command.
- n. A gesture of salutation or recognition; a bow; a courtesy.
- n. An agricultural implement with two hooks, used in dressing turnips, etc.; a form of mattock.
- n. A beak.
- n. Any pointed or projecting part of the dress, especially of a head-dress, as of the bycocket.
- n. A vat or vessel used in a dye-house; a back.
- n. Same as beck-harman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a beckoning gesture
It is the _brok lempe_ of old writers, _Veronica beccabunga_, the syllable _bec_ signifying a beck or brook; or perhaps the whole title comes from the Flemish _beck pungen_, mouth-smart, in allusion to the pungent taste of the plant.
February 13th, 2009 at 6: 17 pm glenn beck is such a d-bag!! rec Says:
Personally, I think beck is hurting our country, he also is a racist who incites violence.
Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: beck is recieving his well deserved karma. down the drain he goes.
We all know that beck is a sick, whatever the fck he is.
Xisithrus says: if you guys think that beck is just an opinion based show only = Pezpiz =
The words of the ignoramus known as glenn beck have no power here. glenn beck is not right, “technically right” or anywhere near right.
To the rest of the world, beck is a fascist propagandist preaching sedition and hatred.
February 18th, 2010 at 7: 58 pm tombaker says: beck is their manson.
Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: beck is saying that he will call people what he wants to call them regardless of what they want to be called.