from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To begin or take up again after interruption: resumed our dinner.
- transitive v. To assume, take, or occupy again: The dog resumed its post by the door.
- transitive v. To take on or take back again: resumed my original name.
- intransitive v. To begin again or continue after interruption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A summary of education and employment experience.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To take back.
- transitive v. To enter upon, or take up again.
- transitive v. To begin again; to recommence, as something which has been interrupted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To take again; take back.
- To assume or take up again.
- To take up again after interruption; begin again: as, to resume an argument or a discourse; to resume specie payments.
- To take; assume.
- To proceed after interruption, as in a speech; chiefly used in the introductory phrase to resume.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take up or begin anew
- v. assume anew
- n. a summary of your academic and work history
- v. give a summary (of)
- v. return to a previous location or condition
- n. short descriptive summary (of events)
When applying for any of the ESL jobs posted on the internet, your resume is a piece of you that the employer gets to know of first.
Always Have a Cover Letter - The cover letter to a resume is a very vital part of getting your resume noticed or to answer any questions within the resume.
To say that you are indifferent to resume is to say that you would be fine with 9 people with identical resumes.
For someone who has been in the business for 20 years, his resume is actually quite small.
Which means the savvy Harvard student knows that his resume is a valuable signaling method, even if the Chicago kids worked harder.
Four knee surgeries have marred Novotny's career, and on his resume is the 2004 European Championships, at which Germany didn't win a game.
Because your resume is a business document and has a focus on results, the softer skills may not be apparent.
Check the site's purge policy so that you'll know how long you have before your resume is automatically booted from the system.
I think Greg's resume is a bit more extensive, minus a major 'hook up' like JJ.
Bobby Bowden's entire 32-year FSU resume is impressive, but the span from 1985 to 1995 saw the Seminoles win 10 consecutive bowl games including a national championship in 1993.