from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stack of hay, straw, or similar material, especially when covered or thatched for protection from the weather.
- transitive v. To pile into ricks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stack, stook or pile of grain, straw, hay etc., especially as protected with thatching.
- n. A stack of wood, especially cut to a regular length; also used as a measure of wood, typically four by eight feet.
- v. To heap up (hay, etc.) in ricks.
- v. slightly sprain or strain the neck, back, ankle etc.
- n. A brand new (naive) boot camp inductee.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stack or pile, as of grain, straw, or hay, in the open air, usually protected from wet with thatching.
- transitive v. To heap up in ricks, as hay, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A heap or pile; specifically, a pile of hay or grain, generally cylindrical, with the top rounded or conical, and sometimes thatched for protection from rain.
- n. Synonyms Shock, etc. See sheaf.
- To pile up in ricks.
- See wrick.
- n. In parts of the United States, applied only to an oblong-shaped pile.
- n. A pile of brushwood used in the concentration of weak brine from salt-wells, the brine being allowed to trickle over the pile with free exposure to the air.
- n. Along the coast from New England to Delaware, a mass of salt-marsh hay supported upon piles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. twist suddenly so as to sprain
- n. a stack of hay
- v. pile in ricks
- n. a painful muscle spasm especially in the neck or back (`rick' and `wrick' are British)
Katomar at 12 -- i noticed too; hopefully 'rick' is not using OUR taxpayer-funded working hours & computers to blog; could be a student, but i'm not sure they allow access to these web sites in lib retraining camps.
April 16th, 2010 5: 48 pm ET wow! all we are going to hear from rick is more wars. no thanks, we had enough of your wars rdepontb
Even bush has said there were no WMDs. rick is a huge weenie and as a PA resident everyone I know is working hard to make sure we do not blight the nation with his neo-facist brand of conservatism for another term.
They were busily 'unhaling' the rick, that is, stripping off the thatch before beginning to throw down the sheaves; and while this was in progress Izz and Tess, with the other women-workers, in their whitey-brown pinners, stood waiting and shivering, Farmer Groby having insisted upon their being on the spot thus early to get the job over if possible by the end of the day.
The long strap which ran from the driving-wheel of his engine to the red thresher under the rick was the sole tie-line between agriculture and him.
They were busily "unhaling" the rick, that is, stripping off the thatch before beginning to throw down the sheaves; and while this was in progress Izz and Tess, with the other women-workers, in their whitey-brown pinners, stood waiting and shivering, Farmer Groby having insisted upon their being on the spot thus early to get the job over if possible by the end of the day.
She wrote: "rick apologized to jon stewart today. they had a good talk. jon was gracious and called rick, 'thin-skinned.' he's right."
BALLROOM DANCE TEACHER ballroom dance teacher needed f / t. will fully train. call rick
Watch the viral video of the day – a Rick Astley/Nirvana mashup of “Never Gonna Give You Up” and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” called “Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up” … a new and clever kind of rick roll!
Blue Cross and Blue Shield, others I can't remember, and a corporation called "phrma. org," which I am sure represents a whole "rick" of other companies that are making a killing on the empty hole from $2,500 to $5,500.