American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See Table at Bible.
- Jude, Saint fl. first century A.D. One of the 12 Apostles. He is invoked in prayer when a situation seems hopeless.
- n. biblical The penultimate book of the New Testament of the Bible.
- n. biblical One of the Apostles, also called Thaddaeus.
- n. A male given name.
- n. a New Testament book attributed to Saint Jude
- n. (New Testament) supposed brother of St. James; one of the Apostles who is invoked in prayer when a situation seems hopeless
- Short form of Judas used in an attempt to distinguish the Apostle Judas Thaddaeus from Judas Iscariot . From Old Testament Judah, Hebrew יְהוּדָה , said to mean "praised". (Wiktionary)
- Greek Iouda, from Hebrew yəhûdâ. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The stars had the word Jude on them in oddly shaped letters, and the fabric was quick to unravel if not sewn to the coats in tiny, tight stitches.”
“At the crossroads, police in plastic riot shield helmets held back marching groups of people, each one wearing a yellow Star of David with the word Jude on it.”
“The BBC reports the protesters wore stripped uniforms with a yellow star of David emblazoned with the word "Jude," which is German for Jew.”
“At a recent protest by a fringe group against secular resistance to ultra-Orthodox gender segregation, demonstrators wore yellow Nazi-like Star of David patches with the word "Jude," German for Jew.”
“Jude is one of many who has not a single clue what interacting with people we love who hoard is like. sisterofahoarder Reply:”
“The closer Grace gets to Daniel, the more she jeopardizes her life, as her actions stir resentment in Jude and drive him to embrace the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night.”
“I love him but Jude is an awful choice imo. sheryl”
“As Cornelia noted in the comments to yesterday's blog: Jude is always right.”
“During World War II, Hitler forced Jewish men, women and children to wear a a yellow cloth star bearing the word Jude to brand them in the streets of Europe, and in the Nazi death camps.”
“Jude is from the "inclined plane" ward and, when money gets tight, his father, Thomas, gets him a job working as a stevedore with the "heathen" Sculpted.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Jude’.
Typical words from Beatles song titles. Can you recreate the titles?
(Grammatical words have been omitted)
Looking for tweets for Jude.