from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Anthropology Of or being a major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin pigmentation, straight black hair, dark eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. See Usage Note at race1.
- adj. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
- adj. Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
- n. Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial classification.
- n. Offensive A person affected with Down syndrome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling a Mongol or the Mongols; having race characteristics, such as color, hair, and features, like those of the Mongols.
- adj. Of, related to, or affected with, Down syndrome; -- not a technical term.
- n. A person affected with Down syndrome; -- not a technical term.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as Mongolioid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person suffering from Down syndrome (no longer used technically in this sense)
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of one of the traditional racial division of humankind including especially peoples of central and eastern Asia
- n. a member of the Mongoloid race
- adj. of or relating to or suffering from Down syndrome
- adj. characteristic of or resembling a Mongol
Sorry, no etymologies found.