from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An infection or disease caused by fungi of the genus Aspergillus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various infections by fungi of the genus Aspergillus that cause granulomatous lesions
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A morbid condition resulting from the presence in the ear, sometimes in the lungs, of certain forms of Aspergillus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. severe respiratory disease of birds that takes the form of an acute rapidly fatal pneumonia in young chickens and turkeys
- n. an opportunistic infection by a fungus of the genus Aspergillus; characterized by inflammation and lesions of the ear and other organs
- n. disease especially in agricultural workers caused by inhalation of Aspergillus spores causing lumps in skin and ears and respiratory organs
aspergill(us) + -osis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)