from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something of great importance or consequence: made a big deal out of getting there on time; losing one penny was no big deal.
- n. An important person: She was a big deal in local politics.
- interj. Used ironically to indicate that something is unimportant or unimpressive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something very important, difficult, or of concern.
- interj. Indicates that something is not important or impressive; so what.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an important influential person
- n. anything of great importance or consequence
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.