from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An end of a passage, such as a street or pipe, that affords no exit.
- n. A point beyond which no movement or progress can be made; an impasse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A path or strategy that goes nowhere or is blocked on one end.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible
- n. a passage with access only at one end
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.