from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Informal To show disrespect to, often by insult or criticism: "[The network] is often dissed for going after older, less demographically desirable viewers” ( Michael McWilliams).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. this
- v. Alternative spelling of diss.
- n. Alternative form of diss.
- n. Any of a group of minor female deities in Scandinavian folklore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to treat in a disrespectful manner; to insult, disparage or belittle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Roman mythology, a name sometimes given to Pluto, and hence to the infernal world.
- n. A prefix of Latin origin (in other forms di-, dif-), in force— separative or disjunctive, ‘apart,’ ‘asunder,’ ‘in different directions,’ etc., as in distend, dispart, dissident, etc., this force being often only indistinctly felt in the English word, as in dispose, dissent, distract, etc., and passing even in Latin into a merely intensive use, not felt at all in English, as in dispute; privative or negative, like the English un-, reversing or negativing the primitive, as in dissimilar, etc., having come, in this use, from its frequency in Middle Latin and Old French, to be recognized as a regular English prefix, and as such usable with almost any verb and adjective, as in disable, disesteem, disfavor, disoblige, disfellowship, etc., and in colloquial or dialectal use in such forms as disremember, disrecollect, etc.
- n. An abbreviation of discount.
- n. In Norse mythol., a guardian spirit.
- n. In printing, an abbreviation of distribution, that is, dead type which is to be distributed into the various boxes of the type-case. See distribution, 3, and distribute, v. i., 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. god of the underworld; counterpart of Greek Pluto
January 13, 2008 at 3:14 pm orange: fish i ate was dis big gray: fish *i* ate was *dis* big!
Fank u Elvis…..dis iz teh 3rd tyme dis week fur me…….must be slippin…..
December 31, 2007 at 3:12 pm of all dis pitures ..dis one maked me laff the mostest. eye crieded!
*nawt tellin starcat dis mai nawt sekkund tiem dooin dis*
"dd" delete one line | dd | "dis" delete inner sentence * dis* "das" delete a sentence * das*
"Dere is," agreed the new-comer, with displeasing alacrity, "und some is in _dis_ parish und dis sodality.
Prof. APPIAH: Well, we say - or being dishonored, and that's what dis is short for, I think: disrespected or dishonored.
My mother has one dish that I have never made myself because I prefer to have my mom make it! .... would you believe that dis is scrambled tofu!?!
According to RadarOnline, a text message from O'Neal to Zormelo's number says, "dis is da numba shut dat bi*ch up!" and it also includes Lopez's cell phone number.
March 20, 2010 at 6: 33 AM hi, i love dis new scooby doo especially d actors who acted in dis movie r more hilight 2 dis movie n shaggy n i dnt knw d another boy name r so gud … … … … … … … … .i hate d actors in before series mounika writes:
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.