from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make a gift of (something).
- v. To relinquish control over.
- v. To formally hand over a bride to the bridegroom; often by her father.
- v. To unintentionally reveal a secret, or expose someone.
- v. To concede an advantage in weight, time, height etc.
- v. to concede
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. formally hand over to the bridegroom in marriage; of a bride by her father
- v. make a gift of
- v. make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
- v. give away information about somebody
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.