from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang The electric chair.
- n. Informal A position in which one is subjected to extreme stress or discomfort, as by excessive criticism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the electric chair
- n. any stressful situation
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person
- n. a difficult position where you are subjected to stress and criticism
Sorry, no etymologies found.