from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to hold back, refuse to give or share
- v. to restrict or restrain
- v. to prevent (a pupil) to advance in a course
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. secure and keep for possible future use or application
- v. hold back; refuse to hand over or share
- v. keep under control; keep in check
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.