Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Separated or spaced by the insertion of thin strips of type-metal between the lines: said of composed types.
- Fitted or furnished with lead. Especially— Covered with sheet-lead, as a roof.
- adj. Held on place by strips of lead.
- adj. Containing or treated with the element lead.
- adj. Containing tetraethyllead
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of lead.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Fitted with lead; set in lead.
- adj. (Print.) Separated by leads, as the lines of a page.
- adj. having thin strips of lead between the lines of type
- adj. treated or mixed with lead
- adj. (of panes of glass) fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead
“He seems even to be implying not only that candy should not be made in leaded and unleaded versions, but that other products should meet common (higher) standards.”
“By 1980 the National Academy of Sciences called leaded gasoline the greatest single source of atmospheric lead pollution.”
“In 1980, the National Academy of Sciences called leaded gasoline the greatest sources of atmospheric lead pollution.”
“We don't use leaded gasoline in the United States anymore, but more because people simply don't like the idea of leaded gasoline as opposed to any body of science showing that it caused anybody any harm.”
“There were other possible additives known at the time, all of them less hazardous than TEL, but the manufacture of TEL-gas, "leaded" gas, was protected by patent, while other possible additives were not protected.”
“When I visited Scotland, I enjoyed both the veggie and 'leaded' versions of haggis, not that I'd want them every day though.”
“He reports: "The 'leaded' males have produced as many or more offspring than normal fathers, but their young have averaged smaller in size and are of lowered vitality, so that larger numbers of them die off at an early age than is the case with those from untreated fathers.”
“Inside them are low-ceilinged rooms that flow from space to space, with intimate spaces including "inglenooks," fireplaces with seats on either side of the hearth mixed with dramatic surprises, and the use throughout of features such as leaded art glass, organic materials and geometric shapes.”
“He got his morning decaf and I drank my 'leaded' fuel for the day.”
“However, the chloramines also altered the water chemistry and unexpectedly caused lead to leach from lead service line pipes and other plumbing materials such as leaded brass and solder.”
Looking for tweets for leaded.