from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Held on place by strips of lead.
- adj. Containing or treated with the element lead.
- adj. Containing tetraethyllead
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of lead.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fitted with lead; set in lead.
- adj. Separated by leads, as the lines of a page.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Separated or spaced by the insertion of thin strips of type-metal between the lines: said of composed types.
- Fitted or furnished with lead.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having thin strips of lead between the lines of type
- adj. treated or mixed with lead
- adj. (of panes of glass) fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead
Sorry, no etymologies found.