from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person, especially a postal worker, who delivers mail. Also called mail carrier.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An employee of the post office who delivers mail (post) to, and collects it from, a residence or business, or from public mailboxes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person who carries letters; a postman; specif., an officer of the post office who carries letters to the persons to whom they are addressed, and collects letters to be mailed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who delivers or collects letters in postal service; a postman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who delivers the mail
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.