American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A person, especially a postal worker, who delivers mail. Also called mail carrier.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who delivers or collects letters in postal service; a postman.
- n. An employee of the post office who delivers mail (post) to, and collects it from, a residence or business, or from public mailboxes.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a person who carries letters; a postman; specif., an officer of the post office who carries letters to the persons to whom they are addressed, and collects letters to be mailed.
- n. a man who delivers the mail
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘letter carrier’.
It's fun to find the politically incorrect equivalents. To see more (lesser common but still funny ones) check http://www.bored.com/pcphrases/
fellow Muslims, ageing population, gender mainstreaming, emerging democracies, mentally challeng..., intellectually di..., African American, native American, first nations, Caucasian, firefighter, police officer and 205 more...
Looking for tweets for letter carrier.