American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Fit to be offered for sale, as in a market: marketable produce.
- adj. In demand by buyers or employers; salable: marketable goods; marketable skills.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That may be marketed or sold; salable; fit for the market.
- Current in the market.
- adj. Of or pertaining to marketability; capable of being marketed.
- adj. saleable (of goods) or employable (of people)
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Fit to be offered for sale in a market; such as may be justly and lawfully sold.
- adj. Current in market.
- adj. Wanted by purchasers; salable.
- adj. capable of being marketed
- adj. being in demand by especially employers
- adj. fit to be offered for sale
- market + -able (Wiktionary)
“The reason I ask these questions is that Fannie Mae's bank addendum states that Fannie Mae not obligated to bear any expenses to make the title marketable so I'm trying to find out if this property can be purchased with an unclear title and what legal responsibilities might be transferred to me as the new property owner.”
“On Tuesday, the Cupertino, Calif., company disclosed cash, including short-term and long-term marketable securities, for the quarter ended June 25 increased 15.8% since March to $76.2 billion.”
“Switching the bonds to marketable is basically nothing more than changing some digits in a computer database.”
“Then I think our disagreement comes down to how hard we think it is for someone to maintain marketable skills and keep their careers on track.”
“Adding long-term marketable securities raises the figure to $18.4 billion, with $12.1 billion of that located offshore, the company said.”
“To keep the series realistic and marketable is the key … so introducing a minor character that mainstream audiences do not know would be a long stretch.”
“He preferred that banks provide for their own liquidity by holding a buffer of short-term marketable assets.”
“There are oodles of vocational and technological education providers, not to mention for-profit and online providers (think of University of Phoenix) and one of the vastly underrappreciated resources, your local community college, which often excels at providing courses in marketable skills.”
“The property is referred to as Heir's property, and it can be very difficult to obtain marketable title for it.”
“$33. 992B including “long-term marketable securities”.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘marketable’.
Looking for tweets for marketable.