from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To overpower by superior force; overcome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to overpower or overwhelm
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To overpower; to subdue; to vanquish; to govern.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To overpower; subdue; vanquish.
- To retain by superior force; have in one's power.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. overcome by superior force
Sorry, no etymologies found.